NYGenerations

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Examples Of Some Of My Own First Life Lessons...In A Pinch

Here are some of my first lessons that I learned at various times when I was a kid.

1. Splinters!
When you had a foreign object stuck in your finger (a splinter for example) and it had to be removed, and you did not have access to alcohol or a hospital.  If all you had was a needle and a lighter...you could burn the tip of the needle to sterilize it and then gently pick away at the foreign object until it was removed.  No way was this minor surgical procedure highly recommended at all times.  But there were times when it was necessary to do.  Lesson learned.  Also I learned to stop picking and playing with dirty old wooden boards.

2. Devils Eggs...
I know this won't be original...but when I was a kid, I use to love eating boiled eggs.  After a while it did get boring to that egg in nothing more than a few sprinkles of salt.  That is until I went to a neighbors house and they introduced me to Devil's eggs.  It was a new and more interesting but simple way to eat a boiled egg.  Simply put...the boiled egg yolk had a splash of mayonnaise added to it.  And in some cases they would even sprinkle some seasonings on that mix of egg yolk and mayo.  Yum, yum!  Never again would I get bored with eating a boiled egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment