NYGenerations

Saturday, July 27, 2013

What Is NY Generations?

Welcome everyone!

For several months I have been contemplating creating something that represented a long lasting and positive change in everyone's everyday life.  Some of you already know me from my 6 other blogs that I have created here online.  This time - this blog is not just for entertainment.  Although I will try to blend in some entertaining elements where possible, this new blog is for actual positive and constructive interaction between people from across town, across cities, boroughs, states and countries.  My idea for this blog is as simple as this - create an opportunity where people can simply share.  To share knowledge, wisdom and vicarious experiences from one generation to the next.

All of us can remember a moment or two when we sat down with a parent, grandparent, or some other trusted caregiver who shared information with us about cooking or building or creating something from almost nothing.  As we advance forward into this new century and increasing technological world, we need to be able to pass knowledge down from one generation to the next.  That's how I came up with this idea of NY Generations.

I wanted to give us the living, a platform to share things that might NOT be in books or even part of common knowledge.  It might be something we learned from our parents, older friends or grandparents.  It could also be something that we learned as we were going along in life.  Something that was tried and tested by happenstance or good fortune.  Either way...here now is the platform to share what we've learned...with those coming up behind us.

Although I entitled this blog "NY Generations" it is in no way limited to New Yorkers.  I'm starting out with New Yorkers because that's where I live.  But I am more than happy to open the doors to people from all over the world who would like to join in. 

All you have to do is either leave a comment about something you would like to share in the comments section below.  Or you can just leave a brief email, voice mail, or KIK or Skype message.  You can see all of that information on my profile, so just click it. That's right folks, I'm using every possible form of social technology possible to bring us all closer.  That way it will be even easier to share some knowledge...from one generation to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment